Step 1: Coaches Packet
Once you have completed the packet, obtained the required items on the checklist attached and completed the online courses you will need to come into the district office to turn in your paperwork along with the payment for fingerprinting ($70 exact cash or check make payable to the William S. Hart School District).
Please be sure to contact Michelle Howard @ 661-259-0033 ext 417 to set up your fingerprinting appointment prior to coming in. Once you have set up that appointment
* Code of Ethics. Coaches please print and complete this form. You may turn it in along with your completed certificates.
Step 3 - NFHS Trainings & Fundamentals of Coaching
(For the following trainings, you create your own login, you do not need district approval to complete these mandatory trainings)
* NFHSLearn Training includes the following 3 certificates: Sudden Cardiac, Concussion, Heat Illness Prevention.
* These certificates expire every 2 years.
* Here are the links:
1. Sudden Cardiac: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61032/sudden-cardiac-arrest
2. Concussion: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61037/concussion-in-sports
3. Heat Illness Prevention: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61140/heat-illness-prevention
4. Fundamentals of Coaching Online Course.
* Coaches you have a one year grace period to complete this certificate.
* This certificate is a lifetime.
Here is the link: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61113/fundamentals-of-coaching
Step 5 - C P R/First Aid
CPR/First Aid Certificates
* 2 options:
1. You can get this training on your own at your, or the programs, expense. Usually an online
2. You can attend a district offering of this class. The following dates are when the district
training will be offered
free of charge to coaches:
- Email email@example.com if you would like to attend one of these as they are first come, first serve basis.
Step 2 - Keenan Trainings
Once you've completed and turned in the Coach Packet to the Administrator's office for approval, we will request your Keenan Safe Schools Training username to be able to log in for their training.
You may use the links below to complete the mandated online training certificates. Returning coaches, you too may use these links to update your certificates.
* Keenan Safe Schools Training includes the following 5 certificates:
1. Sexual Harassment Prevention,
2. Mandated Reporter,
3. Workplace Bullying
4. COVID Awareness
5. Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
6. Active Shooter Training
7. Title IX
* These certificates are due by the end of August each year and expire June 30.
Here is the link: https://hartdistrict-keenan.safeschools.com/login
Step 4 - Fingerprinting
* The certificates above must be included in the Coach Packet for Admin approval before your Request for Live Scan Service fingerprint appointment.